- Watermelon ( diced & seedless)-6 cups
- Fresh mint- 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice- 3/4 cup
- FOR THE SYRUP
- Honey-3/4 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- FOR SERVING
- Ice cubes- as needed
- Lemon wedges- as needed
- Fresh mint leaves- as needed
- Make syrup. In a medium saucepan combine water and honey; bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to lower and let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Make the lemonade. In a blender or a food processor puree watermelon cubes, lemon juice and mint*.
- Add honey syrup and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with ice cubes, lemon slices and fresh mint, if desired.
* To achieve a distinct mint flavor, you need to use motar and pestle set to grind and crush mint leaves. The herbs will release the oils & the lemonade will get the wonderful mint flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Drinks