Spice up your dishes with this homemade Tex Mex seasoning! Made from a blend of flavorful spices, this seasoning adds a bold kick to your favorite Tex-Mex recipes.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 /2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves or allspice
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use the seasoning immediately to enhance the flavor of your favorite Tex-Mex dishes, or store it in a spice jar or airtight container for future use.
This seasoning recipe yields approximately 4¼ tablespoons of seasoning. Use 1 teaspoon to ½ tablespoon in most recipes to suit your taste.
For a rub variation, add a tablespoon of light brown sugar. For extra heat, incorporate a pinch of cayenne pepper or adjust the amount of chili pepper or red pepper flakes.
Before each use, remember to shake the jar or container to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
To store, transfer the seasoning blend to an airtight container or spice jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store it in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and heat sources, such as your pantry. For optimal flavor, use within 6 months.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Cooking basics
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 9 kcal
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 307 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tex mex seasoning, tex mex chili seasoning, tex mex spice blend