This is the best sun dried tomato hummus! It is creamy, healthy and bursting with flavor. A perfect snack that everybody will absolutely love!
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, with some of their oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oz. (425) can chickpeas, drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Pine nuts
- Pita bread
- Veggies of your choice
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, basil leaves, cumin, smoked paprika, pepper and salt. Pulse until sun dried tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Add chickpeas and tahini. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula when needed.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of ice cold water. Process until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, cumin or lemon juice as needed.
- Serve, topped with sundried tomatoes, drizzled with some olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of smoked paprika and some basil leaves.
You can peel your chickpeas. This helps to get a nicely smooth, creamy hummus texture. However, peeling your chickpeas is a little time consuming and tedious.
We recommend adding ice water to smooth out your hummus. It’s a bit of a weird tip, but it really helps turn your hummus into a smoother, more ice cream-like consistency. This is especially important if your hummus looks grainy.
Always use a strong food processor. You’ll want to process for four to five minutes. The quality and power of your food processor is really important. Processing for longer also helps to achieve a smoother, more restaurant-like consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Healthy Snacks
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Calories: 98kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: sun dried tomato hummus, hummus recipe, how to make hummus