This Stuffed meatloaf recipe is my twist on a classic staple. A flavorful chunk of ground meat is stuffed with spinach and eggs, rolled in black sesame seeds and baked to perfection. This easy meatloaf is juicy, delicious and perfect for holidays, special occasions or Sunday dinners!
FOR THE MEATLOAF
- Panko bread crumbs-2 cups
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Ground beef (lean or regular)- 1 kg/ 2.2 lbs
- Medium onion (finely diced)-1
- Garlic cloves (minced)-4
- Parmesan cheese ( grated)-1 cup
- Fresh dill leaves ( finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Large eggs-2
- Worcestershire sauce-2 tbsp.
- Dijon mustard- 1 tbsp.
- Italian seasoning- 1 tsp.
- Black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Salt- 1 tsp. or as needed
- Black sesame seeds- 3/4 cup
FOR THE FILLING
- Cooked spinach ( cooled and chopped)- 2 cups
- Boiled eggs- 4
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C with the rack in the center of the oven. Line a 15.25 x 10.25 (38 x 26 cm) inch baking tray with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl soak panko bread crumbs in milk.
- Combine the ground beef with the soaked bread crumbs, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, dill leaves, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and large eggs. Season the meat mixture with Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Mix gently to combine.
- Place the meat mixture on the tray, push it down and stretch it out to get a 1/2 inch-thick (1 cm) rectangle. The process is similar to what you do with pizza dough.
- Spread spinach over the meat evenly. It will help the meatloaf to keep its moisture. And place 4 eggs in the center of the meat rectangle (watch the video). Season with salt.
- Starting on the short end, roll the meat up tightly to shape an even log. Seal the edges to make sure the filling stay inside the meatloaf.
- Roll the meatloaf in sesame seeds to evenly coat. To do this, simply put the sesame seeds on the parchment paper and roll the meatloaf in them.
- Bake for 1 hour at 400°F / 200°C. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve over homemade pasta, cacio e pepe, mashed potatoes or steamed broccoli.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Meatloaf recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 603.8 mg
- Fat: 13.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 30.1 g
- Cholesterol: 126.5 mg
Keywords: meatloaf, meatloaf recipe, stuffed meatloaf recipe, how to make stuffed meatloaf