This Spinach Stuffed Salmon is the BEST! Succulent, tender, baked stuffed salmon filled with a spinach-cream cheese filling in a delicious, lemon garlic butter will impress your family and friends. Takes only 20 minutes to make! Perfect for lunch or dinner.
FOR THE SALMON
- Salmon fillets- 1 kg/ 2.2 lbs , about 3-4 fillets
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-as needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
FOR THE FILLING
- Cooked spinach-1 cup
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-1
- Cream cheese-120 gm/ 4 oz
- Salt & pepper -as needed
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Minced garlic cloves-3-4
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess liquid, then in a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the filling & keep aside.
- Place each salmon fillet onto a cutting board/ plate, then generously season with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket ( about 3/4 ). Try not to cut all the way through.
- Fill each salmon pocket with 3 tbsp. of spinach-cream cheese mixture.
OVEN BAKED SALMON
- Preheat your oven to 175 C/350 F.
- In a small bowl mix together the minced garlic, lemon juice and melted butter. Pour it into the skillet. Transfer salmon fillets to the skillet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until no opaque & cooked through.
STOVE TOP SALMON
- Melt butter in a skillet, add the the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the salmon fillets, cover the skillet with the lid and cook about 15 minutes ( 7-8 minutes per side). Once one side became golden, flip the fillets carefully and cook another 7-8 minutes. Time will depend on the size of the fillet.
- Transfer to a large serving plate and serve with pan juices.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 390 kcal
- Sodium: 107 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
Keywords: salmon recipes, baked salmon, creamy salmon