- Russet or Yukon potatoes ( diced)- 1 kg
- Fresh spinach- 500 gm
- Onion- 1 large
- Heavy cream- 1/4 cup
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Six pepper blend- 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Salt- to taste
- Spinach throws a lot of water as it cooks. For a fresher & lighter taste I recommend to cook spinach in a colander placed over the small saucepan with boiling water. Cook it just until tender and then drain on a paper towel.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them. Cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water ( with the onion & a bay leaf) until very tender but not falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash them.
- Add the steamed spinach , 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Season with salt, six pepper blend & black peppers.
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: Vegan