This spinach and ricotta ravioli sauce is loaded with roasted garlic, heavy cream, chicken stock and parmesan. It is elegant, yet very easy to make.
- 2 small heads of garlic
- Salt as needed
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ( 500 g) spinach ricotta ravioli
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Roast the garlic in the oven. Preheat your oven to 180 C/356 F.
- Slice the tips tip off bulb of garlic. Place on foil, then drizzle generously with olive or avocado oil and season with salt. Wrap your freshly oiled garlic in the foil.
- Roast in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Unwrap the foil and squeeze the sticky, softened garlic cloves out.
- Mash with a fork.
- Alternatively, you can roast the garlic in air fryer in 20 minutes.
- Brown butter. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. As the butter melts, keep stirring until it is brown in color.
- Sauce. Once it is brown and smells nutty, add the mashed roasted garlic and stir until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for 3 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add in the heavy cream, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken. Then, add the parmesan cheese and cook until it is melted. The sauce should be thick enough. If the sauce is too runny for your liking, add more parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon cornstarch ( mixed with 2 tablespoons of water).
- Ravioli. Cook ravioli in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Use a slotted spoon to add the cooked ravioli to the sauce and gently mix.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Sauce recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 551kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 899mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
Keywords: ravioli sauce, creamy ravioli sauce,creamy roasted garlic sauce for ravioli