Get ready for a burst of flavor with these spicy salmon rice sushi muffins! Made with nori, sushi rice, and marinated salmon, they're perfect for satisfying your sushi cravings
- 3 sheets nori paper
- 1½ cups cooked sushi rice, cooled
For The Salmon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound skinless salmon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup kewpie mayo
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
For The Toppings
- 1/2 avocado, finely diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted white and black sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Cut your nori sheets into four squares that are of equal size.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili powder and salt. Add the salmon and toss everything to coat evenly. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Take one heaping tablespoon of rice and place it on top of each nori piece, spreading it out slightly.
- Transfer each nori piece to the muffin tin.
- Top each sushi muffin with about 1 tablespoon of marinated salmon and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the salmon has turned golden brown and cooked through.
- Spicy Mayo: Mix together the kewpie mayo, sriracha sauce and honey until well-combined.
- Assemble: Take the sushi muffins out of the tin and allow to cool completely. Top each muffin with avocado, drizzle with sriracha mayo, spring onions, and toasted sesame seeds.
Store: Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. However, they are best served fresh for optimal texture and flavor.
Freeze: These muffins are not suitable for freezing as they become mushy when thawed.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 150 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 112 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg
Keywords: spicy salmon rice muffins, spicy salmon rice muffins recipe, spicy salmon seaweed muffins, salmon rice muffins