This Spicy Hummus recipe is a twist on my all-time favorite Middle Eastern Hummus. It is super creamy, nutty, with notes of cumin, lemon and roasted garlic. It is also spicy but tastes so fresh! Serve it with pita bread, roasted chicken or fresh veggies.
- Chickpeas- 1 can (400 gm)
- Tahini paste- 2 tbsp.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp.
- Roasted garlic cloves (minced) – 2
- Turkish Red chili (or any red chili)- 2
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Labneh/Greek yogurt- 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Pinch of salt
- Roasted julienne carrot - 2 tbsp.
- Pumpkin seeds- 1 tsp.
- Olive oil- as needed
- Turkish red chili- as needed
- Black sesame seeds- 1/2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F/190 C.
- Drizzle unpeeled garlic cloves and julienned carrot with olive oil, then put onto a baking sheet or a piece of foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Put the peeled roasted garlic cloves, chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin powder, red chili, olive oil, labneh and a pinch of salt to a food processor. Process until you get a smooth texture.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl/ plate, spread evenly using the back of the spoon.
- Top with roasted carrot, pumpkin seeds, black sesame, red chili and olives, then drizzle with some olive oil. Serve with pita bread, roasted chicken or fresh veggies.
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 214 kcal
- Sugar: 3.57 g
- Sodium: 607 mg
- Fat: 8.93 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.57 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 10.71 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg