Spicy crab roll sushi is creamy, spicy and delicious! Shredded crab sticks are seasoned with sriracha spicy mayo, then all wrapped in nori and sushi rice.
- 1 cup short-grain sushi rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sushi vinegar*
For the Spicy Crab Roll
- 4 oz imitation crab sticks ( or canned crab meat)
- 2 nori sheets (seaweed)
- 4 teaspoons black sesame seeds
For the Spicy Mayo
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Cook the sushi rice according to the package instructions. Once it is cooked, allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the sushi vinegar when the rice is still warm.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Adjust the amount of Sriracha to your liking. Keep aside.
Spicy Kani Roll
- Using a fork or your hands, shred imitation crab meat. Add the spicy mayo and mix well.
- Halve each nori sheet to get four pieces, using scissors.
- Cover the bamboo mat with plastic wrap. Place half of a nori sheet (shiny side facing down) on top of the mat.
- Spread about 3/4 sushi rice over the nori in an even layer. When working with rice, keep a bowl of water nearby. Dip your hands to prevent rice from sticking to your hands.
- Sprinkle the rice with black sesame seeds and flip it over, the rice facing down.
- Place the spicy crab mixture in the center of the nori sheet. Roll the mat away from you, pressing the rice. Roll until the ends meet.
- Transfer the roll to a cutting board and cut it into 7-8 pieces using a wet knife.
- Drizzle with spicy mayo sauce if desired. Enjoy!
* You can make your own sushi vinegar. Simply mix together 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Sushi recipes
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Calories: 38kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: spicy crab roll, spicy crab roll calories, spicy crab roll sushi