This awesome shrimp yaki udon recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes! With chewy noodles, sweet shrimp, and veggies in a delicious one-pan sauce, this is an absolutely perfect dinner for weeknights.
For The Yaki Udon Sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
Yaki Udon Noodles
- 1 pound (500 grams) fresh shrimp or prawns without shells, washed and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 packets (7 oz each) udon noodles
- 4 cups stir fry vegetables, chopped ( I used onion, mushrooms and snow peas)
- 2 stalks scallions, cut 2 inches long
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Yaki Udon Noodles
- Remove your udon noodles from its package and soak in very hot water for about a minute. Use a pair of chopsticks to loosen them carefully. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add the veggies and the remaining oil to the same skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the udon noodles and sauce, and toss to coat everything. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Return the shrimp back to the skillet and mix to combine.
- Garnish with scallions.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Shrimp recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 860kcal
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 1785mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 123g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
Keywords: shrimp yaki udon, yaki udon, noodles, shrimp recipes