- Fettuccine or tortellini pasta- 300 gm
- FOR SHRIMP
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined) - 1 kg
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 2
- ALFREDO SAUCE
- Whipping cream- 1 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese- 2/3 cup + additional for serving
- Whole nutmeg ( grated)- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp
- FOR GARNISH
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese- as needed
- Parsley chiffonade- 1 tbsp
- PASTA: cook fettuccine or tortellini pasta in salted water as per package instructions and drain. Don't rinse this will help sauce stick to pasta better.
- SHRIMP: Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a medium skillet that will accommodate all the shrimp. Fry the minced garlic until lightly brown. Add all the shrimp, pinch of salt & lemon juice. Cook the shrimp 2 minutes or until they are no longer translucent. Don't overcook or they will be rubbery. Transfer the shrimp to a plate & pour the liquid from the shrimp into a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Add the whipping cream, 2 tsp of butter, salt ground black pepper. Turn on the heat to medium, and cook for less than a minute, just until the sauce have thickened a little bit. Turn off the heat. Now it is Alfredo sauce.
- Transfer the drained pasta to the saucepan with Alfredo sauce. Turn on the heat to low, and toss to coat the pasta thoroughly.
- Add the cooked shrimp, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg & black pepper. Toss again until the fettuccine/ tortellini are well coated.
- Adjust salt & pepper and garnish with the parsley chiffonade.
- Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy !
- Category: Pasta recipes/Seafood
- Cuisine: Italian