Make an easy and scrumptious Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak! Roast steak, onions, peppers, and mushrooms on a sheet pan for a mouth-watering weeknight dinner. Serve on hoagie rolls for an unbeatable sandwich experience.
- ¼ cup avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1½ pounds sirloin steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ pound white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced, optional
- 6 Hoagie rolls
For The Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces grated provolone cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add the steak, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the bowl and mix everything together until everything is coated with the mixture.
- Spread everything onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the steak is fully cooked.
- While the steak and veggies are cooking, make the provolone cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until the mixture thickens, which should take approximately 1 minute. Gradually pour in the milk, making sure to stir continuously until the milk is fully incorporated.
- Add in the Dijon mustard, provolone cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Whisk the mixture together until the sauce thickens, which should take around 5 minutes.
- Once the steak and veggies are done, remove from the oven.
- Turn on the oven broiler. Open the hoagie rolls and place them with the open side facing upwards on the center oven rack. Broil them for about 1-2 minutes or until they turn light brown. Spoon the steak and veggies into the hoagie rolls, drizzle them with the cheese sauce, and serve.
Store: Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, preheat the oven to 350°F, and heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Beef recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 662 kcal
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 991 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: sheet pan philly cheesesteak, sheet pan philly cheese steak, philly cheesesteak