Delicious and crispy Shake N Bake chicken in the air fryer! It’s healthier than most fried chicken recipes because we can use less oil.
- 2 boneless and skinless large chicken breasts, cut horizontally to make 4 fillets
- Water to moisten the chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 packet ( 4.75 oz) Shake N Bake coating mix
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Add Shake N Bake to a bag and drizzle in the oil. Seal the bag and shake until the oil is fully incorporated.
- Fill a medium bowl with water. Work with one chicken fillet at a time, moisten the chicken with water and allow any excess to drip off. This will help the mixture adhere to the chicken.
- One at a time, add the chicken to the bag of Shake N Bake mixture. Add one fillet, seal the bag and shake until the meat is completely coated in breadcrumbs. Open the bag and transfer the chicken to the air fryer basket lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining pieces. You might need to cook chicken in batches (depends on the size of your chicken fillets).
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 380°F |193°C. Flip the chicken halfway through cooking. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F| 73°C.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 367kcal
- Sodium: 657mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: shake and bake chicken in air fryer, air fryer shake and bake chicken breast, chicken breast recipes