Delicious and flavor packed Sautéed spinach is a super healthy, easy and low carb meal. Gluten free and paleo! Takes less than 15 minutes minutes to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 11 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until it begins to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and red chili flakes. Stir for another minute, just until the garlic becomes fragrant but doesn't turn brown.
- Add in the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cook on high heat, stirring quickly, until the spinach wilts and most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle with parmesan. Give it a good stir. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the spinach to a serving dish to let any excess juices drain away.
- Storing: Keep sautéed spinach in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Warm spinach gently in the microwave until heated through.
- Freezing: Portion the sautéed spinach into an ice cube tray, freeze until solid, then transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe container. They'll stay good for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge as needed.
- Prep Time: 4 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Sides recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 99 kcal
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 142 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: sauteed spinach with garlic and parmesan, sauteed spinach with garlic, sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon