These air fryer salmon burgers are a healthy alternative to beef burgers. Whether you’re looking to add some omega 3 fatty acids and healthy fats to your diet, or you’re simply doing meat free Mondays, this will be an awesome addition to your kitchen repertoire.
- 1 pound (500 grams) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Panko or regular breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Hamburger buns
- Arugula leaves or lettuce leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Tartar sauce
- Avocado salsa
- Dice the salmon into large chunks and place in the bowl of your food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and lemon zest. Pulse about 15 times or until the salmon is chopped. If necessary, stop and scrape down the sides.
- Fold in the parsley and breadcrumbs. Season with salt, dill and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty by hand or you can use a round biscuit cutter. They should be about 2-inches thick and 4-inches in width.
- Place the patties into your air fryer basket and brush with avocado or olive oil.
- Air fry at 400°F | 200°C for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve on burger buns with tartar sauce, avocado salsa and lettuce, if desired.
Firstly, don’t worry too much about breaking down the salmon. We expect a chunky, hearty texture to a great burger. You don’t need the smooth, puree-like texture of a fully broken down salmon fillet. Overly processing the salmon will turn your burger mix into something more closely resembling pate.
Use instant read thermometer. You want to make sure the outside is crisp and that the salmon burger is either cooked through or medium rare. An instant read meat thermometer will come in handy here so you can ensure the internal temperature of your salmon burger is correct.
You don’t want to overcook your salmon burgers. Salmon, like most other types of fish, is somewhat prone to drying out, which the addition of add ins like breadcrumbs exacerbates. We recommend that you serve this dish medium rare in the middle, as overcooking the salmon will result in dry patties. Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 400°F or grill 3-5 minutes per side to get tender, flaky, perfectly cooked salmon.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 302kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Keywords: air fryer salmon burger, salmon burger, salmon recipes