Russian Salad, also known as Olivier, is a staple salad in many families in Russia. It will become your new favorite potato salad.
- Smoked beef sausages ( chopped)- 500 gm / 1.1 lbs
- Medium potatoes ( boiled with skin, peeled and cubed)- 6
- Large carrot (boiled, peeled & cubed)- 1
- Pickled cucumbers ( chopped)- 6
- Boiled large eggs ( chopped)- 6
- Peas ( rinsed)- 1 can, 15 oz
- Mayonnaise- 2 cups or as needed
- Onion ( finely chopped) - 1, optional
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place whole, unpeeled potatoes, and a carrot in a saucepan of boiling water. Bring to a boil and cook until vegetables are tender for about 30-40 min minutes. Remove from water and allow to fully cool before peeling.
- Peel the potatoes with your fingers or a knife, gently scrape the thin layer of skin off of the potatoes. Dice them into ½-inch cube-ish pieces and transfer them into a large salad bowl.
- Dice the carrot.
- Chop the pickled cucumbers,onion and smoked sausages.
- Strain and rinse canned peas.
- Peel and dice hard-boiled eggs.
- Place all the ingredients into a large salad bowl and mix all together.
- Stir in 1 1/2-2 cup of mayo and mix together.
- Gently toss all the ingredients together. Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 169 calories
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
Keywords: Russian salad, salad recipes, potato salad