- Chickpeas ( drained & rinsed)- 1 can 15 oz
- Tahini paste- 2 tbsp.
- Garlic heads- 2
- Labneh/ Greek yogurt- 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice- 3 tbsp.
- Extra- virgin olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Roasted cumin seeds- 1 tsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Red chili flakes- 1/2 tsp.
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 1 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Place the garlic heads on a small baking dish, cover with foil & roast until the garlic cloves are soft. It will take 40 minutes up to 1 hour. Open foil and allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients ( the chickpeas, tahini, labneh, lemon juice, roasted garlic, cumin seeds & olive oil) in a food processor & process until smooth.*
- Season with salt , transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes on the top, drizzle olive oil & garnish with the chopped parsley.
* If the hummus is too thick, add some water, a tablespoon at a time,until you reach the desired consistency.
A food processor.
Serve with pita bread, fresh vegetables or grill.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sauces & Dips/ Vegan