The best instant pot Red Lentil Soup with lemon! It is healthy and easy to make in a pressure cooker. Loaded with red lentil, lemon juice, carrom seeds, garlic and spinach. This lemony lentil soup will have you make it again and again!
- Red lentil - 1 1/4 cup
- Chicken stock- 4 1/4 cup
- Carrom seeds (ajwain)- 1 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- Cloves- 4-5
- Whole peppercorns- 8
- Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- as needed
- Spinach- 3 cups
- Lemon juice-3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons, for frying
- Garlic cloves (sliced)-6
- Green Chili- 4
- Fresh coriander leaves ( finely chopped)- 2 tablespoons
- Wash red lentil until the water runs clear and drain.
- Add the lentil, chicken stock, 1 teaspoon of carrom seeds, cloves, turmeric, peppercorns and salt into the Instant pot. Give a nice stir. Lock the lid and seal the vent.
- Choose Pressure Cook and set time -/+ for 5 minutes. Make sure "High" Pressure is chosen. Actual cooking time will be more than 5 minutes because it takes about 5-10 minutes for the pot to build pressure.
- Quick release: When the pot finishes cooking, turn the venting knob to venting position. This will release the steam quickly. Once the steam has stopped and the floating valve has dropped, open the lid.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan, add the green chilies and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 40-50 seconds. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of carrom seeds and cook further for a minute. Remove from the heat and add into the soup immediately.
- Add also the spinach and lemon juice into the soup. Chose "Soup" mode and set time for 3 minutes. Cook until spinach wilts ( baby spinach wilts faster). Press " Cancel" button"
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve immediately with lemon slices.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Instant Pot recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 126 kcal
- Sodium: 601 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: red lentil soup with lemon, red lentil soup instant pot, instant pot, soup