- Unpeeled potatoes, scrubbed- 1 kg / 2 1/4 lb
- Parmesan cheese ( freshly grated)- 4 tbsp
- Unsalted butter, melted- 3 tbsp / 65 gm
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Eggs, separated- 2
- All-purpose flour ( for coating)- 2/3 cup /75 gm
- Dried Breadcrumbs- generous 1 cup / 75 gm
- Vegetable oil- 4 cups/ 1 liter ( for deep-frying)
- Salt and ground black pepper- To taste
- Take a large saucepan, put the potatoes, cover with cold water and bring to boil. Cook until softened.Drain and peel while the potatoes are hot . Then push them through the food mill with large holes several times. You can use a ricer. Mix and blend them until smooth.
- Add the butter, Parmesan and Parsley. Then season with salt and pepper. Gradually blend in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Shape croquettes.
- Put some flour on a plate. Put egg whites in a bowl, and whisk until foaming. Put the breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Dip each croquette in the flour until coated all over, then dip it into the egg whites, and finally coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large pan to 180 C/ 350 F or until a small cube of bread browns in 40 seconds.
- Fry the croquettes until crisp and golden.
- Serve piping hot.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Healthy snacks
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: Per portion
- Calories: 502 kcal
- Sodium: 327 mg
- Fat: 31.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.2 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
Keywords: potato croquettes, potato recipes, easy potato croquettes