These copycat Popeyes biscuits are incredibly soft, flaky and buttery. It is the only buttermilk biscuit recipe you will ever need!
- All-purpose flour-2 cups
- Sugar-1 tablespoon
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Baking powder- 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda-1/2 teaspoon
- Cold unsalted butter ( cubed)-1/2 cup ( 110 g)
- Buttermilk (cold)-3/4 cup, plus extra for brushing the tops of the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter into the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter cut it until it resembles coarse meal and no large pieces of butter remain.
- Pour the cold buttermilk into the bowl and mix until the dough comes together.The dough will be slightly sticky and crumbly.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured working surface and form 1-inch ( 2 cm) thick rectangle. Fold it in thirds. Again pat it into a rectangle and fold in thirds. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Finally, roll the dough or pat down into 1/2 -inch ( 1 cm) thick rectangle. Using a 2.5-inch (6.5 cm) cookie cutter, cut out the rounds and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Gather all the scrap pieces of the dough, form a rough rectangle and cut out more rounds. Brush the tops of the biscuits with buttermilk.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down for 5 minutes before serving. You can brush the tops with melted butter if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 17
- Category: Copycat recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 137kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 298mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: popeyes, popeyes biscuits, Popeyes biscuits recipe