This pistachio crusted chicken is crunchy, juicy, and easy to make. It takes only thirty minutes to get ready, and you only need a few ingredients.
- 2 large chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- 1 cup dry unsalted pistachios ( whole or slivered)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray, as needed
Cream Sauce ( Optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F. Place a baking rack on top of your sheet pan. Spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse until a fine, powdery crumbs are achieved. Transfer to a bowl and add in the Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. Dip each fillet in the eggs and allow the excess drip off, then dredge in the pistachio mixture, pressing the crumbs lightly onto the chicken.
- Place the coated fillet on the prepared sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Spray the chicken with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked though and the coating is crispy. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sauce ( Optional)
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30-40 seconds. Stir in mustard and honey, then add chicken stock, cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickens.
Storage: You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. When it’s time to reheat, place in a preheated 350 degree oven and cook until warmed through. A 350 degree air fryer for 3-4 minutes will also do the trick.
Make ahead: You can bread your cutlets and freeze them in a single layer on a sheet pan until firm, then store them tightly wrapped in a freezer safe bag between sheets of parchment paper. They will keep like this for up to two months. You can bake them from frozen when you’re ready to eat. All you need to do when you want to eat is add about five to ten minutes of cooking time.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 328kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 405mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
Keywords: pistachio crusted chicken, healthy pistachio crusted chicken, baked pistachio crusted chicken