Pignoli cookies are naturally gluten free almond-flavored cookies. They are crunchy on the outside, super chewy inside and so addictive. A luxurious addition to your holiday table! Serves-4-6 Makes about 14-18 cookies ( depends on the size).
- Almond flour- 1 2/3 cup
- Powder sugar - 1 1/3 cup/ 9 1/3 ounces
- Egg whites- 2
- Pine nuts- 1 cup
- Preheat your oven to 375 F/190 C with the rack in the lower-middle position. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, powder sugar and egg whites. The dough will be wet.
- Place pine nuts in a shallow dish.
- Take 1 tbsp. of dough at a time and roll into a ball, roll in pine nuts to coat and press to flatten. Repeat with the remaining dough.Transfer onto the baking sheet. Space 2 inch between the cookies on the sheet.
- Bake cookies until light golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
These cookies can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for 4-6 days.
* Don't toast the pine nuts since they will be toasted as the cookies bake.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 170
- Sodium: 5 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: pignoli cookies with almond flour, pignoli cookies, almond cookies