Perfect Pirogi pizza is packed with garlic mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, fresh yogurt, dry herbs and mozzarella cheese. My favorite Pittsburgh-area invention!
- Pizza Crust
- Active Dry Yeast- 1 tbsp
- All -purpose flour- 3 1/2 cup
- Warm water- 1 1/2 cup ( 100 degrees, but not hot)
- Olive oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tbsp
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- No-stick grilling spray ( for greasing)
- Potatoes( boiled and mashed) - 4 large
- Baked garlic cloves- 4 ( grated)
- New Zealand Cheddar Cheese- 200 gm
- Fried turkey pieces- 200-300 gm
- Mozzarella Cheese- 400 gm
- Yogurt- 2 tbsp ( per a pizza)
- Dry oregano- 1/2 tsp
- Basil - 1/2 tsp
- Take a medium bowl,combine 1 tbsp of active dry yeast with 1 1/2 cup of warm but not hot water. Add 1 tsp of sugar and stir well. Put it aside for 5-10 minutes until yeast is completely dissolved.
- Add 3 1/2 cup of all- purpose flour, 1 tbsp of salt, 3 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well.
- Knead the dough on the slightly dusted surface for 10 minutes. If you find that dough is a little bit wet, add 1/4 cup flour and keep kneading. You will end with elastic and smooth dough.
- Form 2 balls, coat them with olive oil and transfer in bowls. Cover with plastic and let it rise for a few hours. Keep in mind that dough will rise in the warm environment only ( 27 C or 80 F).
- NOW IT IS TIME TO ASSEMBLE OUR PIEROGI PIZZA!
- Preheat your oven to 225 C or 425 F. Grease pizza baking tray with wholes.
- Spread sour cream over the rolled pizza crust.Top generously with grated cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl mash boiled potatoes. Add grated baked garlic,fried turkey pieces, dry oregano,basil herbs and black pepper. Combine well.
- Top cheddar cheese with mashed potatoes.
- Finally top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 min. Serve immediately with sour cream.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Pizza Recipes
- Cuisine: Italian