This potato pesto salad is the perfect side for all your summer gatherings! Tossed in a delicious mayo-pesto sauce, you won’t want to eat anything else. It’s the perfect combination of herby, creamy, and cheesy.
- 2 pounds ( 1 kg) baby potatoes, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons homemade pesto mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons basil pesto, optional
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 /4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cut the potatoes in half, so they are almost the same size. Cook in a pan of salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain and run under cold water to cool them down.
- Add the potatoes, pesto mayo, Parmesan, basil pesto (if using any) and black pepper to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and basil leaves.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Potato salad keeps well in the fridge. However, the pesto tends to darken and oxidize quickly. We recommend to add the pesto just before serving.
Storage: It will last 3-4 days in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Salad recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 227kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 339mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
Keywords: pesto potato salad, basil pesto, pesto mayo