These baked Pesto Meatballs are made of ground veal, basil pesto, onion and garlic. They are very flavorful, seasoned to perfection and it takes only 30 minutes to make them. They are always a big hit during potluck parties or friends gatherings. Serve them over pasta of your choice.
- Ground veal/beef- 1 kg / 2.2 lbs
- Onion ( finely chopped)-1
- Large egg- 1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 3
- Basil pesto ( homemade or store-bought)- 1/2 cup
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp. or to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Unsalted butter - 1 tbsp.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F/200 C with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients ( ground meat, chopped onion,basil pesto, minced garlic, black pepper, egg and salt). If you have a meat grinder , you can grind meat, onion and garlic and then add the remaining ingredients).
- Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Form small balls using a meat baller or ice cream scoop.
- In a large skillet (25 cm/9 inch) melt 1 tbsp. of butter on the stove, put the meatballs into the skillet and bake for 20 minutes or until their internal temperature reaches 165.
- Remove the skillet from the oven.
- Serve over pesto pasta.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Meatball recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs
- Calories: 170
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
Keywords: pesto meatballs, meatball recipe, meatballs