Crispy pesto crusted salmon is easy to make and tastes delicious. The crispy pesto crumb top is out of this world. Restaurant quality baked salmon in less than 20 minutes!
- Side salmon fillet-about 4 pounds |2 kg
- Salt and pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs-1 cup
- Basil pesto-6 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves (minced)-3
- Fresh lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon slices- 4-6, plus extra for serving
- Green beans-1 lb |500 g
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F | 200°C. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet/ tray with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the pesto, panko breadcrumbs and garlic. You might need to add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil if your pesto is too dry.
- Place the salmon fillet (skin side down) on the baking tray/ sheet. Arrange the green beans around the salmon. Season with salt and pepper generously.Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Spread the pesto mixture over the salmon, pressing it until the salmon is fully covered. Top with 4-6 lemon slices. Spray the salmon and green beans with a cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 15-16 minutes at 400°F | 200°C until golden and the salmon flakes easily with a fork. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fillet.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or salad.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 355kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 372mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: pesto salmon, pesto crusted salmon, salmon recipes