Try our Panda Express Mixed Vegetables recipe for a delightful medley of broccoli, zucchini, carrots, string beans, and cabbage. This light and flavorful side dish is perfect for a wholesome meal.
- 2 cups chicken broth (or use bouillon)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, and then sliced into half-moon pieces that are approximately ¼ to ½ inch thick
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch half-moon pieces
- ½ pound string beans, washed and trimmed (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ medium cabbage, washed and cut into roughly 2 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Soy sauce, optional
- Sesame seeds, optional
- To steam the vegetables, Add the chicken broth or water with bouillon to a large pot with a steamer basket and bring it to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Arrange the prepared vegetables in the steamer basket, cover the pot, and reduce the heat. Allow the vegetables to steam for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove the steamer basket and serve the vegetables immediately. Season to taste and if desired, drizzle with soy sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
- For wok-fried vegetables, heat a large stock pot with water until it reaches a low boil over medium-high heat. Add the prepared vegetables to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Using a strainer, transfer the vegetables to a hot wok with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. If desired, add minced garlic and ginger to the wok for extra flavor. Stir-fry the vegetables, then season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Once done, remove from heat and serve immediately. For an optional touch, garnish with sesame seeds.
Refrigeration: Transfer to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure the vegetables have cooled down to room temperature before storing them in the refrigerator. They can last for up to 3-4 days. However, for the best quality and taste, we recommend to consume them within 2-3 days.
Freeze: Place the cooled vegetables in a freezer-safe container or freezer bags, making sure to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Label the container with the date and freeze. Frozen mixed vegetables can typically last for up to 3-4 months.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Copycat Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 41 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Panda express mixed vegetables, mixed veggies