There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a juicy oven baked chicken breast. The tender white flesh, steam pouring out of it after you make the first cut… your mouth starts to water just writing about it!
- 4 large chicken breasts ( 8 oz| 225 g each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
Garlic Butter Sauce ( Optional)
- 3–4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425° F| 220°C. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pat dry and pound each chicken breast to 1-inch| 2.5 cm at the thickest part, using a rolling pin or a meat mallet. This helps to achieve the same thickness for even cooking. Transfer the chicken to the prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, dried oregano, onion and garlic powders, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and liquid smoke.
- Rub the seasoning all over the chicken to coat evenly.
- Bake chicken breasts in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F (75°C).
- For the charred edges, remove parchment paper and broil ( grill) during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking on high heat.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet. Add the chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped parsley and remove immediately from the heat.
- Pour the butter garlic sauce into the pan juices.
- Garnish chicken with chopped parsley and serve with pan juices. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 17
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 231.17kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 612mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Keywords: baked chicken breast, chicken breast recipes, chicken