This oreo banana bread is tender, moist and very delicious. Every bite is a flavor adventure! It’s an awesome breakfast, afternoon snack, or even a dessert treat.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, (medium or large), mashed with a fork until smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oreos, coarsely chopped
- 5-6 oreos for topping
- Dark chocolate, melted ( optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F | 175° C. Grease a 9-by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, a whisk, or in a food processor, mix together the eggs,vegetable oil, vanilla and mashed bananas. Add this mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Fold in chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with chopped Oreo cookies and bake at 350°F | 175° C for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Alternatively, drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
Storage :you can easily store this banana bread, once baked, on your kitchen counter in an airtight container, or in plastic wrap, for up to four days.
Freeze: alternatively, you could try freezing it. It will keep in the freezer for up to three months. One great tip for freezing banana bread is to slice your loaf before freezing, placing parchment or wax paper between each slice within the loaf. That way, you can remove and defrost one or two slices as you need them.
- You can use lemon oreos or any of the many Oreo variations available in your local supermarket. Peanut butter Oreos work especially well.
- You can add some crunch factor by throwing in up to half a cup of chopped pecans.
- You can top your banana bread with a sticky drizzly glaze.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 459kcal
- Sugar: 47g
- Sodium: 340mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 77g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: oreo banana bread, banana bread