This one pan roasted fish with cherry tomatoes is an easy, breezy, perfect summer dish. We’re baking fish in a single pan with fresh tomatoes and kalamata olives for a weeknight dinner that’s as tasty as it is convenient. Succulent, blistered tomatoes just bursting with flavor.
For The Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups ( about 1 pound| 500 grams) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or as needed
For The Fish
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Zaatar seasoning, optional
- 4 ( 6-ounce| 170 grams) bass, cod or halibut fillets, skin off
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest ( from about 1/2 lemon)
- Basil and mint leaves to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 F| 200 C.
- Arrange the tomatoes, onion, olives and garlic in a 9 x 13-inch oven safe baking dish.
- Mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, red chili flakes and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the tomatoes and toss to combine. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat dry the fish with paper towels, brush all over with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and zaatar ( if using any).
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Move the tomatoes, onions and olives to the sides of the dish and place the fish fillets in the center. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and cooked through.
- Garnish with the lemon zest, basil and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and ingredients used.
Storage and reheating: You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, simply return your food to the oven at 325 for ten minutes. You’ll want to eat it within three days of cooking, however.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Seafood recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 297kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 145mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 43g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: roasted fish with cherry tomatoes, fish fillets, seafood