This homemade Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce is seriously the BEST! It is creamy, rich and is made with just a few ingredients that you most likely have in your fridge. Ready in 20 minutes and pairs great with Fettuccini. Your whole family will love this copycat version of Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce!
- Unsalted butter- 6 tbsp.
- Garlic ( minced)- 3 or 1 tbsp.
- All-purpose flour- 2 tbsp.
- Milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Heavy creamy- 1 1/2 cup
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese- 1 cup
- Nutmeg-1/4 tsp.
- Black pepper-to taste
- Salt- as needed
- Fettuccine- 0.8 lb or 400 g
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 1 tbsp.
- Bring a large pot of water ( slightly salted) to a boil, add fettuccini and cook according to package instructions until al dente or to your liking. In the meantime start making the sauce.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic and cook for about 40-50 seconds or until fragrant.
- Whisk in all purpose flour, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring until flour and butter froth together, about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and heavy cream, whisking vigorously to blend liquid and roux ( flour mixture). Bring to a boil. The sauce will start to thicken.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, whisking constantly until cheese melts. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Drain fettuccini pasta and add into the saucepan with the sauce. Mix until well combined. It seems there is a lot of sauce for 0.6 lb of pasta, but the pasta will absorb most of the sauce and it will become thicker as well.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 621 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 399 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 152 mg
Keywords: olive garden alfredo sauce, alfredo sauce, pasta alfredo, creamy pasta sauce