- FOR MARINADE
- Beef tenderloin ( thinly sliced)- 1 kg / 2 lbs.
- Low sodium soy sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Water- 2 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce-1 tbsp
- Cornstarch -3 tbsp.
- Black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil- 1/4 cup
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Low sodium soy sauce- 1/2 cups
- Water- 1 cup
- Palm sugar- 2 tsp.
- Oyster sauce - 2 tbsp.
- STIR FRY
- Sesame oil- 1/4 cup
- Garlic ( finely minced)- 1 tbsp.
- Ginger ( finely minced)-1 tbsp.
- Scallion stems ( thinly sliced)-2 tbsp.,plus extra for serving
- Green chilies ( thinly sliced) - 2
- Cornstarch - 2 tbsp , mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- Scallion stems ( ( thinly sliced)- as needed
- Black sesame seeds- as needed
- Fresh coriander leaves - as needed
- Add the marinade ingredients (soy sauce, water , oyster sauce & cornstarch) to the beef slices, mix well until combined and the slices are coated. Allow to marinate for 15- 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile combine the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl & set aside for a while.
- Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a wok. When oil is hot, stir-fry the marinated beef slices until crisp and browned ( about 5-7 minutes). Season with 1 tbsp of black pepper. Remove the meat & leave the oil in the wok.
- Heat up the sesame oil in the same wok (with any remaining oil), and stir-fry the minced ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add in the scallions and green chilies & fry 30-40 seconds.
- Add the beef back into the wok, pour in the sauce & simmer 6-8 minutes. Stir in the corn starch mixture, cook another 5-7 minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with scallion slices, sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve immediately over rice.
A large wok
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Meat/Beef recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Mongolian beef, stir-fry, beef stir-fry