This juicy Mojo Chicken is a Cuban flavors bomb. Marinated in a Cuban zesty and garlicky marinade, roasted to juicy perfection! An easy & healthy chicken recipe of Cuban-style! Perfect for dinner!
- CHICKEN MOJO MARINADE
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lime
- Orange juice ( freshly squeezed)- 1/2 cup
- Lime juice (freshly squeezed)-1/4 cup
- Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves( finely chopped)-7-8
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp.
- Dried oregano-1 tsp.
- Coarsely ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Salt- 1 tsp. or to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves- 1/4 cup
- Whole chicken (giblets & neck removed)-1 .5 kg /3.3 pound
- Halve of the orange
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450°F/232°C.
- Remove the chicken giblets,trim any excess fat or leftover feathers and rinse the chicken inside and out. Pat chicken dry all over with paper towel. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for marinade (orange zest, lime zest, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, cumin powder, dried oregano, ground black pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan / oven-safe skillet and pour the marinade over it. Allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes, the more the better.
- Bake the chicken for 1 hour. If the breast is getting too brown, place a piece of aluminum foil over the breast. Bake until chicken is cooked through or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the thigh.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Category: Roast chicken
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Calories: 504kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 484mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
Keywords: mojo chicken, chicken recipes, roast chicken