This Meatloaf with ritz crackers is one of the easiest and juiciest meatloaf I’ve ever tried! It is made of lean ground beef, buttery ritz crackers, onion, garlic, eggs, shredded Cheddar cheese and the best meatloaf glaze! Once you try it, I am sure you will add it to your dinner rotation because it is seriously addictive!
- Ritz crackers ( crushed)- 100 g or 1 1/4 cup
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Lean ground beef/ veal - 1 kg/ 2.2 pound
- Onion ( finely chopped)- 1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 1 tbsp.
- Eggs- 2
- Cheddar cheese ( shredded)- 1 1/2 cup
- Fresh parsley ( chopped)- 1/4 cup
- BBQ sauce- 2 tbsp.
- Dijon mustard- 2 tbsp.
- Paprika- 1 tsp.
- Taco seasoning- 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Salt- to taste
- Ketchup- 3/4
- Pronzu sauce-2 tbsp.
- Vinegar- 3 tbsp.
- Brown sugar- 2 tbsp.
- Onion powder- 1 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C and position the rack in the middle of the oven. Grease a meatloaf pan with some vegetable oil lightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed ritz cookies with milk and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the ground beef, soaked ritz crackers, chopped onion, garlic, eggs, Cheddar cheese, parsley, bbq sauce, paprika, taco seasoning, ground black pepper and salt into a large bowl and mix just until combined. Don't over mix the mixture because the meatloaf will be firm.
- Transfer the mixture into a prepared loaf pan and shape the meatloaf. Turn it out onto the grill tray/ skillet. If you don't have a loaf pan, place the mixture into a grill skillet and shape the meat log with your hands.
- In a medium bowl combine ketchup, ponzu sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and onion powder. Mix well until lumps free.
- Spread half of the glaze on the meatloaf, using a spoon. Bake for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and spread the remaining sauce over the meatloaf. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, cheesy roasted asparagus, aloo palak, fattoush salad, jasmine rice, steamed broccoli or brown rice.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Category: Beef recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatloaf recipe with ritz crackers, meatloaf with ritz crackers, meatloaf recipe, meatloaf