This homemade Meatloaf with Oatmeal is a delicious and hearty food! Juicy on the inside and coated in a sweet and tangy meatloaf glaze. Perfect for cold nights!
- Uncooked rolled oats or quick oats-3/4 cup
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Onion ( finely diced)-1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-4
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 2 tablespoons
- Ground beef ( lean or regular)- 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- Mozzarella cheese ( shredded)- 1 cup
- Dijon mustard- 1 tablespoon
- Tomato paste- 3 tablespoons
- Large eggs – 2
- Worcestershire sauce-2 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Paprika-1 teaspoon
- Herb mix- 1 tsp.
- Salt-to taste
FOR THE GLAZE
- Tomato sauce/passata-1/2 cup
- Ketchup- 1/4 cup
- Dark brown sugar- 2 teaspoons
- White vinegar-4 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Mustard powder- 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder- 1 teaspoon
- Crack pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C and position the rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Alternatively you can use a grill skillet for baking. Keep aside.
- Mix together oats and milk in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients for the meatloaf : ground beef, onion, garlic, parsley, Mozzarella cheese, tomato paste, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, ground black pepper, paprika, herb mix and salt. Mix just until combined. Don't over-mix!
- Transfer the meat mixture into the loaf pan and press lightly to shape a loaf. Turn it out onto the prepared baking tray.
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf glaze: tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Coat with half of the glaze, using a spoon. Bake for 60 minutes, then remove from the oven and pour the remaining meatloaf sauce over the meatloaf. Again spread it evenly with a spoon.
- Return to the oven and bake further 15 minutes. Allow the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing. This will prevent it from falling apart.
- Serve with Mashed potatoes, Instant Pot Basmati rice, Jasmine rice, or over cacio e pepe.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- Category: Beef recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 287 g
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 74 mg
Keywords: meatloaf with oatmeal, oatmeal,meatloaf recipe