These Green Tea Matcha Cookies are scrumptious and absolutely delicious! They are buttery, crispy and have a unique flavor of Matcha green tea. Made of flour, matcha, sugar and butter. They are super easy to make and will be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy your afternoon tea with these bright and festive cookies!
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Matcha green tea powder- 1 tbsp.
- Unsalted butter-110 gm/ 4 oz
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- A pinch of salt
- Shaved almonds- 1 1/2 tbsp, for topping ( optional)
- In a large bowl combine matcha green tea powder with powdered sugar, then add the room temperature butter. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat on high speed until you get fluffy mixture in consistency.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until just incorporated. Form a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Put in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat your oven to 350 F/175 C.
- Unwrap the dough log and cut into even slices using a sharp knife. Top with shaved almonds if desired.
- Transfer cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Allow completely to cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Cookies recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 426
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.5 g
- Fiber: 27 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 82 mg
Keywords: matcha cookies, green tea cookies, matcha butter cookies