This Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is buttery and a great low carb alternative to mashed potatoes. Made of cauliflower, garlic, cumin powder, ground black pepper, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. A perfect and healthy side dish. Ready in 5 minutes. Keto friendly!
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp.
- Large Cauliflower head ( cut into florets)- 1 ( 3 pounds/ 1,5 kg)
- Garlic cloves -8
- Chicken stock- 1 1/2 cup
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper-1/3 tsp, plus 1/4 tsp to garnish
- Butter- 1 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese- 1/2 cup
- Sour cream- 1 tbsp.
- Chives (chopped)- 1 tbsp.
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
- Choose " Saute" mode and set time for 2 minutes, using "+/-" button.
- Add vegetable oil and garlic cloves and saute until slightly browned.
- Insert a steamer rack inside your Instant Pot and add the cauliflower florets. Season with cumin powder, salt and ground black pepper. Pour the chicken stock into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing, then chose "Pressure Cooker ( High)" mode and set time for 3 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, release the pressure, using the quick release function. Open the lid and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower with garlic to a food processor or to a large bowl if you plan to use a potato masher.
- Add Parmesan cheese, butter and 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream, garnish with chives and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Mashed Cauliflower on the Stove
- Alternatively, you can cook cauliflower on the stove. Simply put cauliflower in a steamer placed over a large pot of boiling water and steam for 15 minutes or until tender. You can boil the cauliflower in salted water as well.
- Saute garlic cloves until fragrant and then blend everything in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with chives, Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Category: Cauliflower recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 59 kcal
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: mashed cauliflower, cauliflower mash, cauliflower recipes