Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer? Try this marinated mushrooms recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a flavorful and healthy dish that's perfect for any occasion.
- 2 pounds Cremini or Portabello Mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/3 cup distilled White Vinegar, 5% Acidity
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced, minced or finely chopped
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon Rainbow Peppercorns
- 1/4 red chili flakes, optional
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Clean the mushrooms and trim the stems if you wish. Keep aside.
- To a large saucepan, add vinegar, oil, water, garlic, whole cloves, rainbow peppercorns, red chili flakes ( optional), bay leaves, sugar and salt, whisk and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms to the marinade, toss to combine, and boil 2-3 minutes. Their volume will decrease by about a third. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 6-12 hours before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store them in a glass jar or bowl in the fridge. They can last for two weeks in the fridge but don't freeze them as they don't hold up well. Just make enough that you can eat within a couple of weeks.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Mushroom Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 375 kcal
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1188 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: marinated mushrooms, how to marinate mushrooms, best marinade for mushrooms