This Copycat Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken tastes the same as the popular Parmesan Crusted Chicken from Longhorn Steakhouse. Pan seared chicken topped with a creamy Parmesan cheese crust and buttery panko crumbs. It is an easy, quick and delicious chicken recipe that everybody is going to love.
- Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Ranch dressing-1/3 cup
- Worcestershire sauce- 3 tablespoons
- Lemon juice- 2 tablespoons
- Garlic ( minced)- 1 tablespoon
- Ground black pepper-3/4 tablespoon
- Chicken breasts ( pounded)- 4
- Salt- as needed
- Vegetable oil-2 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese ( cut into small pieces )- 1 cup
- Provolone cheese ( cut into small pieces)- 1 cup
- Ranch dressing- 1/3 cup
- Panko breadcrumbs- 1 cup
- Unsalted butter ( melted)- 1/3 cup
- Garlic powder- 2 teaspoons
- Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- In a large bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients (olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper). Keep aside.
- Pound each chicken breast and season with salt to you liking. Add the pounded chicken into the bowl with marinade, cover and marinate for 30 minutes or if time allows marinate overnight.
- In a large pan/ skillet heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sear chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes ( 6 minutes per side). Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F ( 235 C) to a low broil.
- Combine Provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese and ranch dressing. Divide into four equal portions and spread on top of each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl mix together panko bread crumbs, melted butter, garlic powder and salt.
- Top the chicken with panko mixture generously.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 450 F ( 235 C) until cheese is melted and crumbs start to brown , about 5 minutes.
You can bake chicken instead of searing or cook this dish on the stove. Please refer to the recipe notes below.
- You can bake chicken breasts instead of searing. Preheat your oven to 450 F ( 235 C). Brush a skillet/ oven-safe dish with some vegetable oil, place chicken breasts and bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F / 75 C. Then, remove from the oven, spread the Parmesan crust and top with panko mixture. Broil for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crumbs are browned to your liking.
- Making Longhorn Parmesan Crusted chicken on the stove. Sear the chicken until cooked through in the large skillet/ pan. Spread the Parmesan crust on each fillet, cover the skillet with the lid and cook until cheese is melted. In the meantime, toast the panko mixture over medium-high heat in a small pan, until crunchy and golden brown. Once the cheese is melted, top each fillet with toasted bread crumbs. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 555 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1041 mg
- Fat: 45 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 114 mg
Keywords: longhorn parmesan crusted chicken, parmesan crusted chicken