Best Lobster Ravioli from scratch! Learn how to make the perfect ravioli dough, how to shape them and how to cook lobster ravioli. They will burst with lobster meat in every bite.
- Pasta flour (unbleached)-1 cup
- Large eggs- 2
- A pinch of salt
Lobster Ravioli Filling:
- Lobster meat ( chopped)- 10 oz ( 300 gm)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 1
- Black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Make pasta dough. Mix together the eggs, pasta flour and a pinch of salt in a food processor ( fitted with the normal blade attachment). Process for 10-20 seconds, or until the mixture becomes crumbly. Transfer the mixture on a lightly-floured surface. Knead for 1-2 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. You might need to add an extra tablespoon of water if the dough is too dry.
- Bring the dough together to form a ball and wrap in plastic. Allow the dough rest for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions. Take one and cover the remaining three pieces with plastic to prevent from drying out.
- Roll each piece of pasta dough into lasagna sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling down the length , leaving 1 inch ( 2.5 cm) between fillings over half of the pasta sheet. Fold the sheet over the fillings and seal the edges. Cut into squares. Cover the ravioli with plastic while you are working with the remaining sheets.
- Using a ravioli mould. Place one sheet of dough over the ravioli mould. Fill pouches with lobster meat filling ( about one teaspoon per pouch). Place the second sheet over the sheet with the filling and press the sheets with your hands.
- First, roll across ( with a rolling pin) gently and then increase pressure until the edges of mould are visible. Remove ravioli from the mould. Repeat the procedure with the remaining sheets.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobster ravioli and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a pan with two tablespoons of melted butter and cook further for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Alternatively you can serve them with creamy garlic butter Lobster Ravioli Sauce.
Lobster Ravioli Filling:
- To make the filling, combine the chopped lobster meat ( uncooked) together with lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 186 kcal
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.51 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 8.85 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: lobster ravioli, homemade lobster ravioli, ravioli