- Cooking lentil
- Green Lentils ( uncooked)- 1/2 cup
- Celery stalk -1
- Bay leaf-1
- Salt -to taste
- Black pepper- to taste
- Water - as indicated on the package
- For Salad
- Red bell pepper ( large)- 1
- Green bell pepper( large)- 1
- Onion- 1 large
- Black olives- 4 tbsp
- Crumbled goat cheese- 3-4 tsp
- Olive oil- 3 tbsp
- Wash and rinse the lentils thoroughly. Remove any debris and discard.
- Boil lentils in a saucepan covered with water, with 1 bay leaf, 1 celery stalk, salted. Cook 30 minutes or as indicated on package.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 225 C / 420 F with the rack in the center. Place the bell peppers & onion on the rack, bake 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Chop them finely.
- Allow lentils to cool before assembling the salad.
- Transfer the cooked lentils to a large bowl. Add the baked & chopped veggies.Mix well.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil and fry olives on high heat.
- Add the fried olives to the salad.
- Sprinkle it with coarsely crumbled goat cheese.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
a pan, oven
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Salads/ Vegan
- Cuisine: Italian