- DOUGH FOR LEMON TART
- All-purpose flour-2 1/4 cup , plus extra for dusting
- Unsalted butter( finely chopped)- 1/2 cup or 110-120 gm
- Icing sugar- 1/2 cup, plus for dusting
- Eggs- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- FOR THE FILLING
- Custard- 1 cup or 250 ml
- Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Ricotta cheese( unsalted)- 1 cup
- Egg- 1 ( beaten)
- Finely grated rind of 4 lemons
- In a large bowl combine flour with the chopped butter. Rub until you get fine breadcrumbs.
- Add icing sugar, egg & egg yolk. Knead lightly, then wrap in plastic and allow to rest in the fridge 15-20 minutes.
- Now it is time to make the filling!
- Heat the custard and stir in the sugar and the finely grated lemon rind. When the sugar is dissolved , remove the custard from the heat , cover and allow to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas 4. You will need 20 cm tart pan. Grease it. Add the ricotta to the custard and beat. Add the beaten egg. Mix everything well.
- Line the tart pan and trim the edges.
- Pour the lemon custard filling into tart and bake 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Try not to stretch the pastry when lining the tart pan.It can shrink when baked.
Serve cold or at room temperature
- Category: Pies & Tarts
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: Per portion
- Calories: 605 kcal
- Sugar: 46.7 g
- Sodium: 218 mg
- Fat: 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 19.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.5 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 162 mg