This Italian Lemon tart is a delicious and simple dessert,made of pastry dough and filled with lemon custard and ricotta cheese.Such a treat!
Lemons are one of the citrus fruits with multi-use across diverse life niches. They can be used as a fruit, a seasoning flavor or even for medicinal purpose. In spite of all, in the lemon tart, just as the name, they are one of the main components of this delicious dessert. Wondering how you will prepare it in your kitchen? Well, you are in the right arena. Read along for useful insights in gloriously putting this dessert on your table.
To begin with, lemon tart has two delicate and precise components, without which, it will taste wrong. These are the lemon cream and the pastry. For the lemon cream, you will need double cream, lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest, caster sugar, and medium organic eggs. On the other hand, you’ll need plain flour, diced unsalted butter, egg yolks, and sifted icing sugar for the sweet pastry. Finally, you can add to the ingredients’ list some pleasant flavors like rosemary water, olive oil, and some ground parsley.
With all the ingredients in hand, you are ready to start the preparation of the sweet and refreshing dessert. Although the lemon tart at the end will be a combination of all the ingredients, each part is prepared separately. Start by making the sweet pastry as it takes time to be ready. To do this, spare some cream and to it, add soft butter and icing sugar. To this mixture, beat in two egg yolks and thoroughly stir. Pour in some flour while rubbing some more butter. For best results, this should be kneaded to achieve a crumbly texture. Make an estimated water addition, and further, knead this on a lightly floured surface until it is thoroughly blended. However, you should avoid overworking it to avoid losing the crumby texture. After that, flatten and cover it with a foil, and refrigerate for half an hour.
The next step is to prepare the lemon cream. You can simply achieve it by adding sugar, eggs, lemon juice and the lemon zest into a bowl, and whisk it. Moreover, add the cream and whisk it in to a uniform blend with the rest of the mixture. Refrigerate the dough afterward. And there you have it, your sweet lemon cream ready for use.
With those components, are you ready for the fun cooking part? Let’s dig in, shall we? For starting off, bake the refrigerated pastry in the oven for around 10 minutes. After this, brush the inside of this pastry with egg yolk and bake it for a minute. For this part, it is meant to prevent a soggy pastry when the lemon cream is added. Set it aside.
On the other hand, Cook the lemon cream by pouring it on a saucepan under moderate temperature. In this part, be extremely careful to avoid burning it, which will make it scramble. Now, pour this warm lemon cream to the set-aside pastry, and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Allow your ready lemon tart to cool for an hour before dredging icing sugar around its edges. Serve it to friends and family.
Enjoy this Lemon tart!!!!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON TARTPrint
LEMON TART RECIPE
- DOUGH FOR LEMON TART
- All-purpose flour-2 ¼ cup , plus extra for dusting
- Unsalted butter( finely chopped)- ½ cup or 110-120 gm
- Icing sugar- ½ cup, plus for dusting
- Eggs- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- FOR THE FILLING
- Custard- 1 cup or 250 ml
- Sugar- ¼ cup
- Ricotta cheese( unsalted)- 1 cup
- Egg- 1 ( beaten)
- Finely grated rind of 4 lemons
- In a large bowl combine flour with the chopped butter. Rub until you get fine breadcrumbs.
- Add icing sugar, egg & egg yolk. Knead lightly, then wrap in plastic and allow to rest in the fridge 15-20 minutes.
- Now it is time to make the filling!
- Heat the custard and stir in the sugar and the finely grated lemon rind. When the sugar is dissolved , remove the custard from the heat , cover and allow to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas 4. You will need 20 cm tart pan. Grease it. Add the ricotta to the custard and beat. Add the beaten egg. Mix everything well.
- Line the tart pan and trim the edges.
- Pour the lemon custard filling into tart and bake 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Try not to stretch the pastry when lining the tart pan.It can shrink when baked.
Serve cold or at room temperature
- Category: Pies & Tarts
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: Per portion
- Calories: 605 kcal
- Sugar: 46.7 g
- Sodium: 218 mg
- Fat: 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 19.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.5 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 162 mg
Leave a Reply