This lemon garlic shrimp pasta is lemony, garlicky and easy to make. With al dente pasta contrasting beautifully against the tender, succulent shrimp, bursting with flavor in a rich, citrusy sauce, this is a truly wonderful take on an Italian classic.
- 8 ounces ( 225 grams) thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, or to taste
- 1 pound (500 grams) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large lemon ( zested, then juiced)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated ( optional, for serving)
- Lemon slices for serving
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet/ pan over medium high heat until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and red chili flakes and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, cook until the shrimp is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add drained pasta into the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium; add in 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water. Toss to coat and cook until heated through. Add more pasta water if needed.
- Remove the pasta from the heat and stir in fresh lemon juice and zest. Garnish with fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated Pecorino Romano cheese and lemon slices if desired.
Pasta: Linguine, Spaghettini or Angel hair pasta will work well for this recipe.
Pasta water: Don't forget to reserve the pasta water as it is great to make the sauce. Alternatively, you can use hot chicken broth.
Keep any leftovers into an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days at most.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 442kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 231mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
Keywords: lemon garlic shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta, pasta recipes, seafood pasta