Easy Parmesan crusted lemon garlic chicken in 30 minutes! Crispy, golden chicken fillets coated in flour and parmesan cheese, pan fried until a crust forms and smothered in an incredible buttery lemon garlic sauce.
- 1 pound (500 grams) chicken breasts ( 2 large breasts), cut in half horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove ( 1 clove), minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6-7 lemon slices
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the egg wash: eggs, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the flour and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken fillet into the egg wash, then dredge in the parmesan mixture. Shake off any excess ingredients.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Once it is hot, add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes ( 5 minutes per side) or until crispy and cooked through. The internal temperature should be 165°F |73°C. You might need to reduce the heat if the chicken browns too quickly. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and rosemary sprigs, and cook until fragrant, about 40 seconds. Pour the chicken broth and lemon juice into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken back to the skillet and cook further for 1 minute.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or over pasta of your choice. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min4
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 510kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 980mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 204mg
Keywords: lemon chicken, lemon garlic sauce, chicken breast recipes