This creamy lemon chicken pasta is easy and flavorful. With some simple herbs and plenty of flavor, this is a great dinner for a weeknight.
For The Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning ( or mix together 1/4 dried basil, 1/4 thyme, 1/4 oregano, 1/4 red chili flakes and 1/2 garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For The Chicken
- 3 medium boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise to make 6 fillets
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Pasta
- 1/2 pound ( 250 grams) thin spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Lemon slices
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a small bowl mix together the seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook pasta as per package instructions in a large pot of salted water. Drain once cooked.
- Pat the chicken fillets dry and season with lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When it is hot, add the chicken and sear on each side for about 5 minutes, until golden. Set aside and let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Add garlic and butter to the same skillet, cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring continuously. Add the half and half and bring to a gentle simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in Pecorino Romano cheese and add the lemon juice, cook until the cheese is melted. Season with the prepared spice mix.
- Add the cooked pasta and chicken and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Storage: You can store this pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days of freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating: The best way to reheat this pasta is in a makeshift double boiler on your stovetop. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of milk, add the pasta and cook until the sauce is re-emulsifies.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 615kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 705mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: creamy lemon chicken pasta, lemon chicken pasta, chicken pasta