These Lemon Blueberry and Ricotta Pancakes are luscious and delicious. They’re made with lemon juice, blueberries, buttermilk, ricotta, salt and vanilla, all topped off with a generous helping of blueberry syrup, honey and butter.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup buttermilk, preferably whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for cooking and serving
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Blueberry syrup or other toppings, for serving
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the vanilla, eggs, ricotta cheese, buttermilk, butter, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and gently whisk until incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick pan over medium-low and and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter onto a medium hot griddle or pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges begin to firm up. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with blueberry syrup, honey or maple syrup.
Storage: place a sheet of wax paper between each pancake and stack them together. Wrap the stack nice and tightly with aluminum foil and place the wrapped stack in a freezer bag. You can freeze pancakes like this for up to one or two months.
Reheating: To reheat your frozen pancakes, place them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave them uncovered - with the aluminum foil off - for 60 to 90 seconds, or until heated all the way through.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Pancake recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 265kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 211mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
Keywords: lemon blueberry ricotta pancakes, blueberry lemon ricotta pancakes, pancake recipe