Creamy, refreshing, and bursting with flavor! Kani mango salad often accompanies sushi or sashimi but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat it on its own.
For the Salad
- Imitation crab sticks (kani)-14 ounces (400 g)
- Large cucumber ( seeded and julienned)-1
- Ripe mango (julienned)-1
- Sweet corn- 1/3 cup
- Black sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon or as needed
- Salt-to taste
For the Dressing
- Mayonnaise- 1/3 cup
- Lemon juice-1 tablespoon
- Toasted sesame oil-1 tablespoon
- Cracked black pepper-1/2 teaspoon
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, toasted sesame oil and black pepper. Keep aside.
- Trim off the ends of cucumber, remove the core with a spoon and cut into julienne strips.
- Unroll the crab sticks, stack the sheets together and cut into strips.
- Peel the mango and cut into julienne strips. I prefer to use ripe mango as it melts through the salad.
- In a large bowl add kani, cucumber, mango, corn and salad dressing; mix. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Salad recipes
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Calories: 322.94kcal
- Sugar: 12.29g
- Sodium: 757.19mg
- Fat: 20.77g
- Saturated Fat: 2.63g
- Carbohydrates: 27.13g
- Fiber: 1.74g
- Protein: 10.91g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: kani, kani salad, kani salad with mango