This delicious and nutrient dense Kale Caesar Salad is a twist on a classic salad with grilled kale, grilled shrimp, Parmesan shavings and homemade Caesar dressing.
- FOR SALAD
- Fresh baby kale ( washed and stems removed)- 200 gm / 0.4 pound
- Medium raw shrimp ( peeled and deveined, tails intact)- 500 gm / 1 pound
- Croutons*- 1/2 cup or as needed
- Shaved parmesan cheese- 1/4 cup
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 1 tsp.
- FOR THE DRESSING
- Sour cream - 4 tbsp.
- Milk- 4 tbsp.
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 1 tbsp.
- Old style whole grain Dijon mustard- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 1
- Fresh lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp.
- Salt - as needed
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, milk, garlic, Dijon mustard, grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and olive oil and mix until smooth.
- Reserve refrigerated until ready to serve. You can make this dressing one or two days ahead.
- Preheat a cast -iron grill pan until hot , brush with olive oil,add the shrimp and sear about 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
- Transfer to plate and allow to cool.
- In the same pan sear baby kale for about 1 minute. Remove to a plate and let it cool.
- Place greens, shrimps and croutons in a salad bowl. Top with shaved and grated Parmesan cheese. Add dressing to taste and toss.
- Serve the salad immediately.
I used store-bought Italian croutons. If you don't have them , it is very easy to make them at home.
YOU WILL NEED
1/2 cup multigrain bread, 1 -inch cubes
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt - as needed
Black pepper- as needed
Preheat your oven to 325 F / 160 C.
In a medium bowl toss the bread cubes in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Spread them in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake until crunchy and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: International
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 711 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 161 mg
Keywords: kale caesar salad, kale salad, salads, salad recipe